WELCOME TO THE MODERN CAFE!
**We now have growlers!**
The Modern is a proud supporter of the Pittsburgh Craft Beer Association!
The Modern has been serving shots and beer on Pittsburgh's North Shore since 1933! After suffering from a fire on January 1, 2009 and being closed for 15 months, The Modern reopened its doors on April 5, 2010! The Modern Cafe is the perfect neighborhood bar to gather your friends and watch your favorite sports teams play on one of our 5 HD Plasma Flat screen televisions! Also, try one of our ice cold beers from our brand new 12 tap beer system!
*Are you looking for FREE WIFI?!?! We have it! Bring your laptop, project groups and co-workers and enjoy a beer and some yummy food while doing some work! Who said work couldn't be fun?
* Check out our Specials tab for upcoming events and bands playing @ The Modern!
BEERS OF THE MONTH:
Draft: Church Brew Work's D'Pomme Rye Saison!
Enjoy 16oz Church Brew Works Drafts all of May!!!
Fun Facts about The Modern:
- The Modern has been around since Prohibition was repealed in 1933
- Art Rooney Sr., "The Chief," was known to have frequented The Modern Cafe back in the day and is mentioned in the one man play by the same name, The Chief.
- 1999 Paramount Pictures filmed Wonder Boys inside The Modern Cafe. The movie starred Michael Douglas, Robert Downey Jr., & Katie Holmes!
- A picture of The Modern Cafe's sign hangs inside The Carnegie Museum.
-The Modern's sign was featured in The Pittsburgh Sign Project.